The legal landscape has shifted significantly – as all sectors of the economy have – with the spread of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19. We have been hard at work developing new data models for ContraxSuite designed specifically to help legal professionals in law firms and law departments to answer the following questions:
- Can we cancel certain – or all – contractual obligations due to the pandemic?
- Can we delay fulfilling certain contract terms while still staying compliant?
- Do we need to give notice of business disruption to our partners?
- What are our obligations if we cancel this conference/event we’ve been planning?
- Is our Business Continuity plan detailed enough for, and applicable to, a pandemic like COVID-19?
Developing a COVID-19 Strategy
We have already written extensively about how our extensible toolkit ContraxSuite can be adapted to find critical information like Force Majeure clauses and Business Disruption contingencies: